Shipyard Operations Update for the Week of 4/27/20
Courtesy of Your Management Team
About the Beach
Shipyard will implement a soft opening of the beach parking effective Friday, May 1st.
Please note the following:
- There will be no shower facility and the water will be turned off.
- The beach restrooms will only be open from 9 am to 3 pm.
- All beach-goers should bring their own hand sanitizer, as supplies are limited.
- The beach locker area will also open on Friday May 1st at 7 am.
- All beach-goers are to avoid touching rails and others’ lockers. They must also maintain proper social distancing on the beach, as well as while entering and exiting the beach area.
- This is a temporary measure and the success of the beach parking being open will depend on the compliance of the owners and guests.
About the Welcome Center
The Welcome Center is opening under temporary guidelines starting Friday, May 1. What will be different?
- We will strictly adhere to social distancing and cleanliness guidelines, as outlined by the CDC.
- We will limit traffic to no greater than 5 people (non-employees) in the building at any given time, in accordance with Governor McMaster’s order regarding limits of 5 persons per 1000 sq feet.
- Anyone entering the building will be required to stay a minimum of 6 ft away from all others.
- The hours will be from 8 am-1 pm Monday through Friday.
- We will not have weekend hours until further notice. However, our dispatch team will be available at the Visitors /Dispatch Lane for assistance on the weekends.
- This is only temporary. We will extend the hours back to 7:45 am-4:15 pm as soon as deemed safe for you and our employees.
You may reach staff via the following contact information:
- Pass Requests: firstname.lastname@example.org or (843) 785-3310 ext 1000. After hours, or on weekends, please call (843) 785-4776 (Parkway) or (843) 785-3776 (Pope).
- Administrative Concerns/Questions: Sally Warren – email@example.com or Meredith Elmore firstname.lastname@example.org
- Security Concerns/Questions: Lawrence Alexander -email@example.com
About the Beach Club
The Beach Club will remain closed for now. However, we are working on plans to have a soft opening some time in early June. More details will be available soon.
About Protecting Yourselves & Each Other
It is important that any visitors or owners from hot spots quarantine for 14 days, and the Town recommends wearing masks and continuing social distancing to contain the virus spread. Please visit this website if you need guidance about the proper way to wear a mask or assistance with making masks at home: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html.
Commercial Partner Updates
Please note the operational updates for SPOA’s commercial partners:
Hilton Head Health – Closed until further notice.
Shipyard Golf – Operational with revised social distancing guidelines and limited to-go food service. Call (843) 686-8802 for details.
Sonesta Resort – Closed through early June.
Van Der Meer Tennis – Operational with limited play hours. Call (843) 686-8804 for details.
Attached is an updated list of area restaurants offering to-go or delivery services. Thanks for everything you have done to support local restaurants. Please note that we are still not charging any gate fees for restaurant, grocery, pharmacy, or other medical supply delivery companies during this stay-at-home period.
We sincerely hope you all continue to stay safe and well informed. Thanks for your patience and everything you have done to cooperate with us.
Your Shipyard Management Team
-Sally, Meredith, & Alexander