Good morning. As the year comes to an end, we just wanted to take a moment to keep you in the loop about upcoming projects, initiatives, and other POA news.
- Please be advised that the Welcome Center will close at noon today through tomorrow. We will have normal weekend office hours (Saturday/Sunday from 8 am -noon) this weekend in the event you would like to validate decals, etc.
- If you need passes after noon today, or anytime tomorrow, please call either gate (Parkway – (843) 785-4776 or Pope – (843) 785-3776) for immediate assistance.
- There has been a recent rash of car/home break-ins on the Island, so we wanted to encourage you to lock your homes, secure your vehicles, refrain from leaving valuables visible to passers-by, and report any suspicious activity immediately. Help our Security team help you stay safe.
- Annual assessment notices were sent out last week. Please let us know if you do not receive yours within the next week or so. Also, for your convenience, you can drop off payments at the Welcome Center on Monday-Friday from 8 am-2 pm.
- Thanks so much for your festive holiday decorations. They look great. Please be reminded to remove any exterior decorations by Friday, January 15th. Trying to figure out what to do with your Christmas tree? You can drop off your tree for recycling once you are done celebrating. The Town is calling the program the “Grinding of the Greens.”Just take your undecorated tree to the Coligny Beach parking lot on the South Forest Beach side or the Old Gullah Flea Market at Chamberlin Drive for it to be ground into mulch. Jones Brothers Tree Service will provide the grinding service, and the program will run through January 15th.
- The beach walkway work is slated to begin on Monday. There is signage in place marking the temporary beach path and directions to the restrooms. We appreciate your patience throughout the process.
- We are still collecting renewal payments for the locker program. If you have a locker and have yet to remit payment, please do so immediately so we can update the waiting list effectively. We will send out waiting list update letters on or around 1/7/21.
And finally, we wish you all a Happy & Healthy New Year! May 2021 be brighter, happier, and healthier for us all.
Your POA Management Team
-Sally Warren, Meredith Elmore & Lawrence Alexander