Owner Updates for the Week of 6/22/20
As you may know, due to increasing cases of COVID-19 in the area, management made some temporary operational changes. Please note the following:
- We just finished our first week of operating the Welcome Center as a mask zone. Thanks to all of you for complying.
- The temporary office hours are still 8am-1pm Monday through Friday, and 8am-11am on Saturdays until further notice. The office is still closed on Sundays.
- Please continue to conduct your business during our temporary hours, but please wear a mask for the protection of all Shipyard residents, employees, and guests. If you need assistance outside of these hours, the dispatch/visitor’s lane is open daily from 8am to 4pm (up to 6pm or as needed on Saturdays).
- We also completed our first week of operating the Beach Club as a mask zone. Thanks to all of you who wore masks as you passed through the facility. Please be reminded that if you plan to attend an Owners Deck Day, masks will not be required on the deck. Please also be reminded that we are still practicing social distancing in the Beach Club, so please do not move furniture or sit in groups of more than four. Help us help you stay safe.
- You may already be aware, but several Island restaurants have reverted to offering take-out or delivery only due to rising COVID-19 case numbers. When ordering for delivery, please take a moment to ensure that the restaurant has a commercial pass/decal so that your order will not be delayed. Also please note that SPOA has an agreement with Uber Eats, so their drivers do not need a pass/decal to obtain access. We are currently working on agreements with other common delivery companies, i.e. Door Dash, Grub Hub, and Postmates, etc. We will keep you posted on progress.
We were happy to announce a few extra Owner Deck Days in honor of Independence Day. We will have two special dates with extended hours, which will be Thursday 7/2 and Friday 7/3 from 3pm-8pm. As previously noted, we are opening up for up to 25 owners on both nights, and you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (843) 785-3310, ext. 1000 to reserve your spot. So far, the 3rd is nearly full but there are about 8 spots left for the 2nd. For those who have made reservations, please remember to let us know if your plans change and you cannot attend. Recently we have had several owners to sign-up, but not show up. This prevents others who might like to come from doing so. Please be good neighbors!
Thanks so much for your cooperation as we try to keep you abreast of the latest news. We remain mindful of potential impacts stemming from COVID-19, and we will continue to keep you in the loop regarding our efforts. Please enjoy the beach, stay safe and reach out if you need us:
Chief Alexander: email@example.com; (843) 785-3310 ext. 1006
Meredith Elmore: firstname.lastname@example.org; (843) 785-3310 ext. 1007
Sally Warren: email@example.com; (843) 785-3310 ext. 1008
Your POA Management Team-
Sally, Meredith & Lawrence