Weekly Owner Updates
Courtesy of Your POA Management Team
We hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that all are staying well. We have a few reminders to share in hopes of keeping everyone in the loop regarding activities for the remainder of the year.
- The owner decal and beach hangtag validation process for 2021 will begin on Monday, December 7th. Welcome Center hours will be 8am-2pm Monday through Friday and 8am-noon on weekends. Please do not discard your current blue beach hangtags or decals, as you will be issued validation stickers for each. You do not need to bring your vehicle registrations with you unless you are planning to apply for a decal for a new vehicle (not registered last year). However, please either bring a state-issued ID or have your security code when you apply.
- As we continually monitor Town data and related regulations/ recommendations stemming from COVID-19, it was decided that the POA Block Party scheduled for December 11th should be postponed. We hope to be able to hold this event in early 2021. We appreciate your understanding.
- In the meantime, back by popular demand, the Naked Dog Food Truck will be in the Welcome Center parking lot from 11am-4pm on Thursday, December 17th. We had such a great turnout for our last food truck event, so we hope you will come out again this time. We will Eblast a menu early that week for your reference.
- The Owners Only event scheduled for Monday, December 21st will now be held on Friday, December 18th from 3-8pm. As of today, no owners signed up for the original date. However, if you plan to attend on the 18th, we ask that you email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (843) 842-3507 to RSVP.
- The New Year’s Eve Nibble & Nip will be held on Thursday, December 31st from 5-8:30pm. We will accept the first 30 RSVPs for this event, so please email email@example.com or call (843) 842-3507 if you wish to attend. The POA will provide champagne for you to enjoy as we make toasts to a better year ahead!
- The POA clubs/events schedule for the remainder of this month is as follows: Women’s Club: 12/8, Men’s Club: 12/14, & Owners Only: 12/7 & 12/18.
- As a reminder, site prep work for the beach walkway project will begin mid-month. Signs will be posted in the area very soon, and we will continually Eblast any updates as promised.
- Thanks to all of you who have contributed to the Deep Well food and toy drive. The POA donated 600 pounds of food and hundreds of toys. The Deep Well organization was so grateful, and they are thrilled at how you helped them make the holidays a little easier for Islanders in need. Also, thanks to all of you who donated to the Employee Holiday Fund. It is appreciated, and we are excited to be able to help them prepare for the season.
Thanks again for your cooperation, and everything you do to make Shipyard a wonderful place to live and work.